Warm greetings from Kochi University of Technology in Japan!
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the development of advanced research at the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students. Through the 3-year curriculum, Kochi University of Technology (KUT) provides comprehensive education in the multidisciplinary environment. Every year, KUT enrolls approximately 15 selected doctoral students to work in specific research projects. Each student pursues a doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting his/her host professor in his/her research projects and receiving monthly payment in return for his/her contribution to the projects. This program is for those who have strong intention to engage in his/her research projects for the whole three years acquiring profound knowledge and skill and ability to become a full-fledged researcher, and aspire to satisfy the degree requirements accordingly.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Kochi University of Technology Special Scholarship Program October 2023 & April 2024 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work. *You must pay some amount of taxes from this salary.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
- To have permission from the leader of the applicant’s preferred SSP project to apply for that project
- To hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment, in principle
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in the research project
- To have high English proficiency (TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2, CET6)
- The application deadline for students who wish to enroll in October 2023 and April 2024 is March 17, 2023.
- Check the following website for further information and the online application: https://www.kochi-tech.ac.jp/english/admission/ssp_aft19oct/ssp-application-guideline.html
- You may directly apply to the institution.