Warm greetings from Seoul National University in South Korea!
Established in 1946 as the first national university in Korea, Seoul National University (SNU) is one of the prestigious institutions of higher education in Korea. It has fostered leaders in every sector of Korean society, thereby making a significant contribution to the remarkable socio-economic transformation of Korea. As a truly comprehensive and integrated university, SNU has 16 colleges, 1 graduate school, and 9 professional graduate schools. Striving to be more than just one of the best universities in South Korea, SNU aims to grow into one of the top 20 institutions in the world by 2025 and is making every effort to achieve the goal.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for SNU President Fellowship for Fall 2021 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
The SNU President Fellowship (SPF) for Fall 2021 semester is open for faculty members of major universities in developing countries to pursue their Ph.D. degree at SNU. Applicants from major universities in Asia, Africa, and South America regions are most preferred, thus they are encouraged to apply for the scholarship. In addition, applicants can apply to pursue Ph.D. in any research area but selection priority will be given to applicants doing exceptional work in engineering, medicine, public health, agriculture, developmental studies, Korean studies, etc.
A recipient of SPF will be awarded the following:
- Full tuition fee for six semesters
- KRW 1,500,000~2,000,000 monthly stipend for 3~4 years
- A round-trip airfare
- Korean language training
- Group Medical Insurance
SNU Graduate Admissions Guide for Fall 2021
- A faculty member of a major university in a developing country without a Ph.D. degree
- Newly admitted student to SNU as Ph.D. student for Fall 2021 semester.
- SPF Fall 2021 application form (including study plan)
- Certificate of Employment (as a faculty member)
- Transcript and graduation certificate (for both undergraduate and master’s degree)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean of affiliated College at SNU
- Video Link(research and teaching achievements, study plan, goals after graduation)
- Candidates with a recommendation letter from the Dean or President of your current university (optional, extra points)
Please apply directly on the Online Application link from the Admission of SNU no later than March 11st, 2021. You can check more details on the requirements and application procedures of SPF Scholarship through the SPF Fact Sheet.
I am Mulatu Agajie from Ethiopia, a lecturer of public health at Assosa University. I would like to apply for Seoul University President Fellowship Fall 2021 Semester. I would like to thank your for considering my application.