Warm greetings from Ewha Womans University, Korea!
Ewha Womans University is a private women’s university in Seoul founded in 1886 by Mary F. Scranton under Emperor Gojong. It is the first founded university in South Korea. Currently, Ewha is the world’s largest female educational institute as well as one of the prestigious universities in South Korea.
We are pleased to inform you that the Master of Arts in Asian Women’s Studies at Ewha Womans University is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Asian Women’s Studies (AWS) is a master’s degree program for international students offered in English. AWS seeks to train professionals and equip them with feminist knowledge and perspectives derived from and applicable to the realities faced by Asian women. As an interdisciplinary program, its faculty members come from diverse disciplines such as women’s studies, history, literature, political science, education, geography, regional studies, theology, and law.
Although the main subject of study is “Asian women,” AWS does not limit its scope within the regional boundaries of Asia. Adopting the perspective of tricontinental postcolonial theories, AWS encourages its students to reconceptualize Asia and Asian women, and, by extension, pave the way to building solidarity among women in Asia and other non-West regions.
By delving into the heterogeneity within Asia and shared commonalities across regions, students will be able to decolonize western-centered feminism and produce feminist knowledge regarding women, gender, and sexuality in nonwestern contexts.
Admissions Timeline Fall 2021
& Submission of
|March 3, 2021(Wed) 13:00 ~ April 23, 2021(Fri) 17:00|
|Admissions & Scholarship Decisions Announced||June 18, 2021(Fri)|
• Further information will be provided via email to admitted students.
Certificate of Admission
- Applicants who have completed a four-year university program or its equivalent and have acquired or are expected to acquire a Bachelor’s degree before September 2021.
- Be proficient in English. Proved by English certificate with score at least TOEFL(PBT 550, iBT 80), IELTS 5.5, New TEPS 326 or above
- [Form 1] Application Form
- [Form 2] Application Supplement & Scholarship Application
- Official Transcript of Academic Records and Certificate of (Expected) Graduation
- Language Proficiency Test Score Reports or Certificates
- Documentation verifying contents in “Application Supplement & Scholarship Application”
- Passport – Applicant and both Parents
- Legal document verifying relationship between applicant and both parents
- Bank Balance Certificate (minimum balance of USD 20,000)
- Supplemental Materials showing Artistic or Athletic Ability
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty*
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)*
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Study Plan
- Passport picture
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
*if you enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program or staff of the faculty
- Finish the application to Ewha Womans University directly. (Application is possible via this link )
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than April 23rd, 2021 for OIA’s internal documentation.
- THE FINAL decision from Ewha Womans University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application of outgoing mobility for spring/even semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation