Warm greetings from Kumamoto University (KU,) Japan!
Kumamoto University is located in the center of Kyushu Island in Japan and is rich in nature. The University has a hill clad in fresh greenery behind the campus, giving us a tranquil atmosphere for studies. KU is one of the oldest universities in Japan with seven faculties, eleven graduate schools, and 23 research centers/institutes (as of August 2017) that support a wide spectrum of educational and research activities. Currently, the university is home to around 8,000 undergraduate students and 2,000 graduate students, including 507 international students from 49 countries (as of May 2017). For over 100 years the university has been at the forefront of culture, advancing science and technology, and contributing to the development of the Japanese educational system.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for KU Short-Term Exchange Program for spring 20201 is now open* for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
*JASSO Scholarship available: JASSO Application info
- Graduate students (S2) & (S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record
- Research Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- All the document listed as required on the Online Application page
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 30th, 2020 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Kumamoto University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Kumamoto University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)
- Application of outgoing mobility for spring/even semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.