Greetings from Kansai University, Japan!
Kansai University was founded as Kansai Law School in November 1886, in the large commercial city of Osaka. Its founders consisted of a dozen people who were judicial officers and businesspersons. Kansai University has seen remarkable development over its many years. The University celebrated its 133rd anniversary in 2019. Kansai University has 13 faculties, 13 graduate schools, three professional graduate schools, as well as a preparatory course for international students. Over its long history, all those involved in building its institution have had to overcome various hardships to achieve such prestigious standing.
We are pleased to announce that the application for Kansai University Short-Term Programs is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
The Short-term programs consist of the Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course (IJLC) and Summer School.
Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Course (IJLC)
Japanese language course taught IN JAPANESE
Field trips to a major city in west Japan area
Japanese cultural experiences (tea ceremony and more)
Interaction with Japanese students
The medium of Instruction
Summer 1: June 3(Wed) – June 25(Thu), 2020
Summer 2: July 2(Thu) – July 23(Thu), 2020
You can approach Japan through “contemporary issues existing in Japanese society” taught in English, in which a subject focused on SDGs is selectable. Introductory Japanese course is also available as an option for students who wish to study the Japanese language.
The medium of Instruction
July 1 (Wed) – July 15 (Wed), 2020 (Unit1)
July 16 (Thu) – July 30 (Thu), 2020 (Unit2)
July 1 (Wed) – July 30 (Thu), 2020 (Unit3)
- Application form (IJLC here; Summer School here)
- Official academic transcript
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of recommendation from the academic advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your official nomination to Kansai University.
- The FINAL decision from the Kansai University