Warm greetings from Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea!
Founded in 1886, Ewha Womans University is Korea’s very first higher education institution for women. As a comprehensive research university, Ewha now has 14 colleges and 14 graduate schools including the traditional areas of strength, such as humanities, social sciences, pharmacy, law and arts, as well as new areas of excellence, such as science, engineering, and medicine with two affiliated cutting-edge hospitals. Ewha welcomes both male and female students for non-degree exchange or visiting (study abroad) student programs.
Ewha Womans University encourages students to apply into the MA in Asian Women’s Studies Program Fall 2023. Asian Women’s Studies (AWS) at Ewha Womans University is an interdisciplinary master’s degree program offered in English. AWS seeks to train professionals and equip them with feminist knowledge and perspectives derived from and applicable to the realities faced by Asian women. Although the main subject of study is “Asian women,” AWS does not limit its scope within the regional boundaries of Asia. Adopting the perspective of tricontinental postcolonial theories, AWS encourages its students to reconceptualize Asia and Asian women, and, by extension, pave the way to building solidarity among women in Asia and other non-West regions. By delving into the heterogeneity within Asia and shared commonalities across regions, students will be able to decolonize western-centered feminism and produce feminist knowledge regarding women, gender, and sexuality in nonwestern contexts.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for MA in Asian Women’s Studies Program Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree from Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Be proficient in English
- Official Academic Transcript
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Academic Advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Passport Size Photo
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than April 3rd, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Ewha Womans University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Ewha Woman University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org