[This Program is selffunded]
Spend a semester or even a whole year studying in Amsterdam! Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers about 300 Bachelor’s courses in English. Many Master’s courses are also open for exchange students.
We offer exchange programmes for students from partner universities for one (5 months) or two semesters (10 months). The first step is to contact the International Office of your home university/faculty, since they must formally nominate you.
We have specific info about our exchange programmes: https://www.vu.nl/en/programmes/exchange-semester-amsterdam/exchange/index.aspx
- Application Form (online)
- Recommendation letter
- Copy of Official Academic Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL paper-based test: 580, TOEFL computer-based test: 237, iBT: 92 or IELTS: 6.5, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): A & B, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A, B, C).
(For TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificates, the test must not be older than two years.)
Certificate of enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Copy of Passport/ID
- Passport photo
Note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review;
- OIA UGM will evaluate your application;
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to host university;
- FINAL decision from host university
Please send all documents in 2 Hardcopies (1 original and 1 copy) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 Softcopy (Scan all applicants’ filled-out application materials in one PDF File) by email to email@example.com by:
- 22 Maret for the autumn/winter semester (1 September-31 January) or a whole academic year (1 September-July/August)
- 20 September for the spring semester (1 February-July/August)