Greetings from Kansai University, Japan!
Kansai University was founded as Kansai Law School in November 1886, in the large commercial city of Osaka. Its founders consisted of a dozen people who were judicial officers and businesspersons. Kansai University has seen remarkable development over its many years. The University celebrated its 133rd anniversary in 2019. Kansai University has 13 faculties, 13 graduate schools, three professional graduate schools, as well as a preparatory course for international students. Over its long history, all those involved in building its institution have had to overcome various hardships to achieve such prestigious standing.
We are delighted to inform you that the Application for Special Entrance Examination in Fall Enrollment 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada last-year students and alumni.
For more details, kindly check the following link:
- Last-year undergraduate students (S1)
- Last-year master students (S2)
- UGM Alumni
For All Applicants (Master Degree and Ph.D. Degree Applicants)
- Application Form (download)
- Statement of Reason (download)
- Official Academic Transcript
- Statement Letter of expected graduation (for last-year students only)
- Research Plan
- Letter of Recommendation
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Documents Checklist (download)
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3 x 4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English Language Proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
Additional Documents for Ph.D. Degree Applicants
- Copy of master’s thesis (for those who have submitted the thesis)
- Outline of the master’s thesis (for those who have submitted the thesis)
- Copy of the thesis or a draft you plan to submit (for those who expect to submit the thesis)
- Outline of the thesis or a draft you plan to submit (for those who expect to submit the thesis)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA will send your official nomination to Kansai University for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Kansai University.