Greetings from the Graduate Institute Geneva!
The Graduate Institute Geneva (IHEID) was created in 1927 at the time of the League of Nations. It was then the first academic institution in the world entirely devoted to the study of international affairs. Its vocation is to analyze and stimulate critical thinking in the fields of international relations and development issues through its teaching (master and Ph.D. programs), research, executive education, and public events.
The Institute fosters interdisciplinary dialogue, drawing on the main social science disciplines (anthropology, development economics, international economics, international history, international relations, political science, and sociology), as well as international law. Intellectual excellence is at the heart of the Institute’s mission, driven by the conviction that only rigorous inquiry and critical thinking can provide concrete solutions to the world’s challenges. The Institute’s commitment to critical inquiry goes hand-in-hand with its dedication to international cooperation and human solidarity.
We are delighted to inform you that the Exchange Program Application for 2020-2021 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada graduate students.
Fields of Study
- Anthropology & Sociology of Development
- Development Economics (Ph.D. only)
- International Economics
- International History
- International Law
- International Relations/Political Science
- International Affairs (MA only)
- Development Studies (MA only)
More detailed information is available on the IHEID website, click here.
- Official Academic Transcript
- Copy of University/(s) diplomas
- English Language Proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Passport Size Photo
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to the Graduate Institute Geneva (IHEID) as for host university selection.
- THE FINAL decision from the Graduate Institute Geneva (IHEID).
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (1 COPY) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than March 2nd, 2020.