Warm greetings from Wakayama University!
Wakayama University was founded in May 1949 as a new type of university with the goal and mission of “undertaking research and education in highly specialized academic fields, primarily in academia and culture, in accordance with the spirit of the Fundamental Law of Education and the School Education Law, in order to foster individuals who will contribute to society.”
The University was formed by the merger of three educational institutions, each with a long history and traditions of its own: Wakayama Normal School, Wakayama Normal School for Youth, and Wakayama Technical School of Economics. Initially, there were two faculties: the Faculty of Liberal Arts (now the Faculty of Education) and the Faculty of Science.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for Wakayama University Societies Student Exchange Program for Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Official Academic Transcript (in Japanese or English)
- Certificate of English Proficiency
- Passport-size photo (3 x 4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Motivation Letter (in Japanese) *1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs)
- International Exchange Student Application for Admission (in Japanese)
- Photo Data（40mm×30mm) *2
- A copy of any Japanese Language Proficiency Test certificate (if any) *3
- Certificate of Japanese Proficiency from your Home university by Japanese teacher
- A colored copy of passport
- Health Certificate
- Application For Certificate of Eligibility *Please refer to the sample and submit THE ORIGINAL EXCEL FILE.
- Certificate of deposit balance issued by bank *5
- Application for Accommodation
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
⇒ Click here to download the above forms.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than March 10, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will send your official nomination to Wakayama University and you may proceed to the online application for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Wakayama University