Warm greetings from Sophia University!
Since 2014, Sophia University’s January Session has provided students from around the world with the opportunity to learn unique aspects of Japanese Studies in a comprehensive and intensive manner amongst a lively cosmopolitan community.
Sophia January Session 2023 will be hosted entirely online following their first hosting of an online January Session in 2021. All courses will be conducted live or with a mix of real-time and on-demand classes to maximize both interaction with lecturers and fellow students and flexible delivery across different time zones. By participating in scheduled live classes and completing on-demand lessons, student will be able to delve into Japanese language, culture and contemporary social issues, and earn credits upon successful course completion, wherever you are in the world.
- Undergraduate (S1) & Graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL IBT: 79, TOEFL PBT: 550, IELTS: 6.0
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Official Academic Transcript and a Grading Scale from the applicant’s home institution
- Passport Copy
- Color Headshot (taken within the last 3 months)
- English Proficiency Test Score
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 15th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Sophia University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Sophia University