Warm greetings from Jeonbuk National University in South Korea!
Jeonbuk National University (JBNU; 전북대학교; 全北大學校; Jeonbuk Daehakgyo) formerly called Chonbuk National University (CBNU) is located in the historical city of Jeonju, Republic of Korea. It was founded in 1947 by the provincial fund within the framework of the Korean national university system, following the liberation of the country.
JBNU has grown to 17 colleges (including Faculty of Public Policy and Jimmy Carter School of International Studies) and 14 graduate schools (one general, nine specialized and four professional schools). For approximately 32,000 students, and 2,400 full-time and part-time professors (as of October 2016), Jeonbuk National University provides high-quality educational, research and support facilities, cooperating with various institutions worldwide.
We are pleased to inform you that the Jeonbuk National University Student Exchange Program for Fall 2022 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79, or IELTS 6.5
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Application form for exchange student (link will be shared and filled in after confirmed nominated)
- Letter of recommendation of the university (English) (will be provided by OIA upon submission of your application)
- Certificate of enrollment (English)
- Academic Transcript
- Purpose of study (Korean or English)
- A photocopy of the passport
- Photo (3.5cm×4.5cm, white background)
- English/Korean Proficiency Certificate
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than July 10th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Jeonbuk National University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Jeonbuk National University
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Email: email@example.com
- Sync consultation: http://ugm.id/AppointmentOIA
- Detailed info kindly click here