Greetings from Kochi University of Technology, Japan!
Kochi University of Technology (KUT), established in 1997, was originally a private university. Founded by the Kochi prefectural government, KUT ambitiously set its sights in becoming a world-class university through the pursuit of unique excellence. KUT’s revolutionary design, introducing innovations contributed greatly to development in university education. Despite its relatively small scale, KUT has had a strong presence with its distinctive character and progressive education system. Notably, KUT took the lead in adopting a quarter system to enable intensive learning. Valuing student autonomy, KUT has no compulsory courses.
We are pleased to inform you that the Admission for Special Scholarship Program 2021 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
The latest information can be found at:
- UGM Last Year Master Degree Students
- UGM Lecturer
- UGM Alumni
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation Letter
- Nomination Letter from Faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty (for last year master degree students only)
- Colored Copy of Passport (ID page)
- A copy of an email or other communication which clearly shows that the leader of the intending applicant’s preferred project has given the intending applicant permission to apply for that SSP project
- Signed pre-application request
- Official Bachelor’s Academic Transcript
- Official Master’s Academic Transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate
- A copy of the intending applicant’s master’s thesis in English
- Research Outline
- Two Academic References (download)
- Certificate of Health (download)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
Before submitting a formal application, anyone intending to apply must send a completed Online Pre-Application Request to the leader of his/her preferred SSP project via the KUT Online Pre-Application Request Form. (KUT Online Pre-Application Request Form is here) Only individuals who have obtained the permission of the leader of their preferred project are eligible to formally apply to the SSP program.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated participants, OIA will process your application to the Kochi University of Technology for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from the Kochi University of Technology.
- In the meantime, the applicants are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application of outgoing mobility for fall/odd semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.