Greetings from Saitama University, Japan!
Saitama is known for its well-developed industries and cultures, well-balanced urban and natural environment and convenience. The city of Saitama is the place where the Japanese have had a close relationship with foreigners for a long time and respecting and embracing people from other areas.
As the only national university established in Saitama Prefecture, Saitama University’s history begins a century ago. Three renowned Japanese national education universities, Urawa Higher School（est.1921, Saitama Normal School （est.1873）and Saitama Youth Normal School（est. 1922）were integrated into Saitama University in 1949 to cultivate talented minds. The University was established based on the diverse characteristics and the know-how of each institute. These founding principles reflect the diversity, harmony, and progress seen on our campus today. Saitama University has long been established as a respected national university within Japan. As part of its global initiative, the University convey outstanding results born from its multifarious research projects to scholars across the world.
We are pleased to introduce you “Japanese Studies Summer Program 2020” at Saitama University which will be held in June-July, 2020.
Period: June 14(Sunday) – July 8 (Thursday), 2020
June 14: Orientation, Campus tour, Welcome Reception
June 15: Class start
Students from Universitas Gadjah Mada will be exempted from paying the registration and tuition fees. In 2020, it is yet to be determined whether the JASSO scholarship is available or not.
Please find the brochure here
- Application Form (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Official Academic Transcript
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Colored copy of passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, the Office of International Affairs will send your application to Saitama University for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Saitama University.