Greetings from Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan!
Meiji University was founded in January 1881 as the Meiji Law School by a group of young lawyers barely in their 30’s. It was an era characterized by Japan’s urgent need to develop as a modern independent nation. The three founded the Meiji Law School in their fervent hope to “foster bright capable youths who would lead modern civil society in Japan”. Until now, Meiji University has expanded to become one of the most prominent private universities in Japan, and it is celebrating its 139th anniversary in 2020.
With Rights, Liberty, Independence and Self-Government as its guiding principles, the University is committed to fostering students who satisfy the “needs of the times.” Sending out more than 470,000 graduates into the world to date, the University has already made a great contribution to society. Currently, Meiji University consists of nine Undergraduate Schools, nine Graduate School research departments and four Professional Graduate Schools, providing education for more than 32,000 students. Along with excellent teaching staff to support international exchange students and academic exchange, the University is promoting advanced research.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Meiji University Fall Exchange Program 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Please refer to the following link for details regarding the application.
Exchange program factsheet for the 2020 academic year (download).
Exchange program guidelines for the 2020 academic year (download).
- Online application (after nominated)
- The housing request form (after nominated)
- Signature of applicant and the exchange student program coordinator (after nominated)
- Certificate of health (after nominated)
- Application for certificate of eligibility (after nominated)
- Study plan (after nominated)
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Japanese Language proficiency (*if any)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may proceed to the online application through the website.
- The FINAL decision from Meiji University.