[This program is self-funded]
The International Winter Program (IWP) at Konkuk University (KU) is a great opportunity for international students who wish to learn about Korea and experience its culture. The two-week-long program is suitable for all students, but is particularly valuable to those having a general interest in Korea. During their winter vacation, students can now gain an understanding of this vibrant country that is considered as a global economic and cultural powerhouse and a gateway to the world.
- KU will be offering the program during December 18-29, 2017.
Highlights of the Program
- Intensive program for Korean-language acquisition and cultural fluency
- Field trips to historical and scenic sites throughout Korea.
- Cultural and recreational activities to deepen understanding of the country
- On-Campus housing guaranteed 100%
- Strong support from the Office of International Affairs and International Student Volunteers
All applicants should be enrolled in an accredited college or university and must be able to take college-level courses in English. Recent high school graduates who are expected to enroll in an accredited college or university can also participate in the program.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue apply online to Konkuk University and completed the requirements as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Konkuk University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 30, 2017.