Universitas Gadjah Mada with support from The Nippon Foundation through the fellowship program known as the “Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund Program” (SYLFF) is offering UGM-SYLFF Fellowship which exclusively awards shortlisted applicants to pursue the graduate program on the subject of Social Sciences and Humanities in Universitas Gadjah Mada. The UGM-SYLFF Fellowship is an innovative approach to the lasting cooperation of the UGM and Tokyo Foundation under the Sylff consortium with 69 other universities in 44 countries.
The UGM-SYLFF Fellowship offers Doctorate Program for excellent graduates of all nationalities with a strong interest in the subject of social science and humanities. The candidate will conduct research in UGM, a campus with a strong foundation on social science and humanities, and with ample resources of professors to consult related to the research conducted.
UGM-SYLFF Fellowship offers a research-based doctorate program for Even Semester 2021 (entry admission February 2021) focusing on the subject of social science and humanities will provide maximum coverage on:
- Living cost, including research, printed materials and books expenses for a maximum 48 months
- Settlement and departure allowances
- A package of fixed return airfare (eligible for international students)
- Tuition and other academic-related fees for 8 semesters
- Indonesian language course fee for 5 months (eligible for international students)
- University-based health insurance
- Fees for study and stay permits in Indonesia (eligible for international students)
- As UGM-SYLFF Fellow, the recipient is eligible to apply for SYLFF Research Abroad (SRA) Program with financial support up to USD 5,000
Note: The fellowship will be provided in US dollars.
- All nationalities
- Master holder with honor (GPA 50 or above of 4.00 scale; or other equivalent grade scales)
- No more than 35 years old
- Outstanding English proficiency is proven by TOEFL ITP 550 or equivalent
- Attached to university as lecturer/mid-career professional in higher education institution in the home country
- Listed as the author of, at least, two papers published in the international journal
- Online application form
- A copy of the academic transcript and diploma/ master degree certificate
- A copy of valid passport
- A legalized copy of TOEFL or other internationally recognized English proficiency certificate
- CV or Résumé
- Copy of selected published papers in the international journal
- One page letter of motivation
- Research proposal
- Letter(s) of recommendation from academic supervisors
- Endorsement letter from university/institution
Beside one defended dissertation, the fellow and his or her promoters are required to produce, at least two (2) international publications during the fellowship and also publish part of his or her dissertation in the form of a book format.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM for administration review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Applicants, OIA will send your official nomination to SYLFF for final selection.
- The FINAL decision from SYLFF.
- International applicants should also apply online to the preferred faculty/department through email: email@example.com
- In the meantime, the applicants are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.