Greetings from Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, South Korea!
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is the birthplace of foreign language education in Korea and teaches 45 languages of Asia, the Middle East and other major regions of the world. HUFS is a specialized university that educates students to become creative experts, international Koreans and independent researchers who will contribute to the development and exchange of culture. HUFS is a co-educational school with around 17,000 undergraduate students in 78 departments within 18 colleges.
Developed in conjunction with internationally renowned universities and research institutes, HUFS offers extensive opportunities to help students grow to become internationally competitive individuals. The student exchange program at HUFS is designed to develop a global perspective by gaining an appreciation of cultural diversity through immersion in academic and cultural experiences.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for HUFS Student Exchange Program for Fall 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
For more information, kindly check the following link:
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Official Academic Transcript
- Colored Copy of Passport
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Printed Version of Online Application Form (after nominated)
- A brief essay about personal history and plan of study
- Dorm application form and health examination form (dorm applicants only | download)
- Korean Language Proficiency (for applicants to programs taught in the Korean Language)
- Passport-size Photos (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your official nomination to the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies and you may proceed to the online application for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.