Warm greetings from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) in Beppu, Japan!
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) is a private institution established on April 1st, 2000. APU was made possible through the collaboration of three parties from the public and private sectors: Ōita Prefecture, Beppu City and the Ritsumeikan Trust. Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University possesses a strong vision looking forward to the year 2030. APU’s philosophy is to create a university campus that produces graduates with the skills they need to contribute to international society based on the fundamental principles of Freedom, Peace and Humanity, International Mutual Understanding, and the Future Shape of the Asia Pacific Region. Thus, the students of the university took the idea of shaping their world to new heights.
We are delighted to inform you that the Application for Ritsumeikan APU Exchange Program for Fall 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Fact sheet and the application process:
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Application Checklist (download)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Official Academic Transcript
- Printed Online Application Data (after nominated)
- Confirmation Note of Application for “Certificate of Eligibility” by proxy (download)
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Passport-size Photos (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Proof of Funds (certificate of deposit balance issued by Bank, Scholarship Letter, etc | after nominated)
- “Study Abroad Financial Support Plan” Form (after nominated)
- “Statement of Financial Support” Form (after nominated)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- “JASSO Scholarship Application” (for students who want to apply for JASSO Scholarship only)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your official nomination to Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University and you may proceed to the online application for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University.