Warm greetings from Hokkaido University!
Founded in 1876 as Sapporo Agricultural College, Hokkaido University is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious universities in Japan. The University also has one of Japan’s most beautiful campuses. Green spaces, forests, and creeks are spread throughout its campuses located in the cities of Sapporo and Hakodate, which experience distinct seasonal changes throughout the year. The university offers diverse degree programs for international students and places great emphasis on research in the sciences and humanities. It also houses cutting-edge research facilities, a university hospital, and a wide variety of field research centers.
We are very glad to inform you that the Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship for 2020 is now open for one international student from Universitas Gadjah Mada. Self-supported international students with excellent academic records as well as a strong interest in Hokkaido University and in Japanese culture are eligible to apply.
Application details are outlined in the attached guideline. (download)
- Application form (download)
- A consent letter, written by the prospective supervisor (*no set form)
- Official academic transcript (*for a doctoral degree, both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted)
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor at UGM (*no set form)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3 x 4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than December 6th, 2019.