[This program is self-funded]
Greetings from the PEMSEA Resource Facility!
On behalf of Partnerships in Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (PEMSEA), I am pleased to invite you to be part of the East Asian Seas (EAS) Congress 2018 to be held at the Iloilo Convention Center, Iloilo City, Philippines, on November 27-30, 2018.
Hosted by the Government of the Philippines and carrying the theme, “25 Years of Partnerships for Healthy Oceans, People and Economies: Moving as One with the Global Ocean Agenda”, the EAS Congress 2018 aims to usher in better, stronger and smarter regional actions that are strategically aligned with the key principles and targets of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly those related to the global ocean agenda.
The EAS Congress 2018 is expected to engage over 1,000 participants from national and local government, academia, business, international organizations and NG0s. This will be the sixth in a series of triennial ocean-focused Congresses organized by PEMSEA, beginning in 2003 in Putrajaya, Malaysia. It will feature an International Conference and Environmental Exhibition, the Fifth EAS Youth Forum (YF5), PEMSEA Network of Local Governments (PNLG) Forum 2018, and will culminate with the Sixth Ministerial Forum.
Deadline: May 31, 2018
The tentative schedule can be downloaded from Schedule
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination issued by Home University
- Colored copy of passport
- Copy student card
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to PEMSEA as host university selection.
- FINAL decision from PEMSEA.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 3, 2018.