Warm greetings from Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Japan!
Tokyo University of Foreign Studies is the oldest academic institution devoted to international studies in Japan. It began as the Institute for Research of Foreign Documents (蛮書調所, Bansho Shirabesho), a Tokugawa shogunate’s translation bureau set up in 1857.
It was subsequently established as an independent educational and research institution with the name Tokyo School of Foreign Languages (東京外国語学校, Tōkyō gaikokugo gakkō) in 1899.
In 1999, the University celebrated both the 126th anniversary of its original establishment and the 100th anniversary of its independence. The campus was moved to its present location, where students can study in a modern, hi-tech environment.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Tokyo University of Foreign Studies Student Exchange Program Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
For more detailed information please refer to the links below.
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate (S1) or graduate (S2) students
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English/Japanese
- Minimum GPA of 2.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript
- Study Plan
- Recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Proficiency Certificate. Min. Score for TOEFL – iBT71 (PBT530, CBT197), IELTS – 6.0, Cambridge CAE – Grade C, and Cambridge CPE – Grade C. Other English proficiency test is also acceptable as long as the score is equivalent to the scores above (for courses conducted in English)
- Japanese Language Proficiency Certificate. Min. Level N2 or higher (for courses conducted in Japanese)
- Certificate of Health
- All the documents listed as required on the TUFS Website or Checklist
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport-size picture
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than March 1, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Tokyo University of Foreign Studies University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Tokyo University of Foreign Studies University
- If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sync consultation: ugm.id/AppointmentOIAUGM