Warm greetings from Shibaura Institute of Technology (SIT) in Japan!
Throughout its 91 years of history, SIT has proudly and consistently maintained ‘Nurturing engineers who learn from society and contribute to society’ as the philosophy in providing engineering education. Realizing the force of globalization that can no longer be separated from the global economy, SIT highlights the importance of up-to-date framework for ‘learning through practice’ experience by focusing on intensive English Language programs and Project Based Learning programs under a multicultural environment with many Hands-on subjects. With its well-known reputation, SIT currently has 265 laboratories and 200 partner universities.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for SIT Course-taking Sandwich Program for Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
There will be a scholarship opportunity from ‘Sato Yo Scholarship Foundation’ for one Indonesian or Thai student for the SIT Course-Taking Sandwich Program 2023 Fall to 2024 Spring as follows:
– Lump-sum: JPY100,000
– Round trip ticket
– Transportation fee from the airport to the accommodation upon arrival in Japan
- Undergraduate (S1) or Graduate (S2) students
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Have a GPA of 3.00 or above on a 4.00 scale.
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5, or CEFR B2
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record (English version)
- Study Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- Health certificate
- Form C and D (if you apply for Sato Yo Scholarship)
- All the documents listed as required on the Online Application page
- Confirmation Letter of Participation [download]
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than February 7, 2023 for internal review. Please, keep the hard file documents with you.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA will confirm your official nomination to SIT and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from SIT.