Warm greetings from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)!
USM is known as the second oldest university in Malaysia, first established in 1969 as Universiti Pulau Pinang. What is unique about USM is that the university adopts the School system rather than the traditional Faculty system in order to ensure that its students are multi-disciplined from their exposure to other areas of study. As of today, USM is recognized as one of Malaysia’s Research Intensive Universities.
We are pleased to inform you that USM has opened the application for the Spring Semester Exchange Program 2023 for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Undergraduate (S1) or Graduate (S2/S3) students
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program.
- No minimum GPA
- Be proficient in English. Min. score for TOEFL ITP: 543, TOEFL PBT: 550, TOEFL iBT: 79-80, IELTS 5, and TOEIC 605*
*If students do not have this qualification, a supporting letter from their English teacher of the highest level at the university is sufficient. (MUST state that the student is able to communicate and write in English well.)
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- A Recommendation Letter from Academic Advisor
- Official Academic Transcript record (issued in English)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Study Plan
- Language Proficiency Certificate
- A copy of the Student’s Matriculation Card
- Portfolio (for creative design-based courses) Include slides and an academic reference authenticating work
- A copy of the Passport Photo Identification Page
- A copy of your photo (white background and 4.5 cm high x 3.5 cm wide)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM for internal review through the link: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than November 22, 2022.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA will send your nomination to USM for host-university selection and you may proceed to the online application.
- THE FINAL decision is from USM.