Vytautas Magnus University, in cooperation with the Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies (AABS), is pleased to announce the 15th Conference on Baltic Studies in Europe (CBSE) “Turning Points: Values and Conflicting Futures in the Baltics,” which will be held on 15-17 June 2023 in Kaunas, Lithuania.
In 2023 the Conference on Baltic Studies in Europe (CBSE) will be held in Kaunas, at Vytautas Magnus University for the second time. As in previous years, the 15th CBSE will cover a diversity of themes and disciplines as we consistently demonstrate and promote the achievements of Baltic studies in various areas. CBSE will bring together scholars from all disciplines and stages in their careers world-wide who share an interest in exploring the Baltic region from multiple perspectives and fields of research.
Contributions are encouraged from disciplines including:
- Anthropology, Sociology, and Religion
- Communication, Media, and Journalism
- Digital Humanities, Museums, and Libraries
- Environment, Resources, and Sustainability
- Migration, Diasporas, and Public Diplomacy
- Higher Education, Science Policy, and Knowledge Management
- History, Memory, and Identity
- International Law, Economics, and Political Studies
- Literature, Arts, and Culture Studies
- Language Studies, Education, and Psychology
- Social Development and Urban Planning
- International Relations and Regional Security
We invite you to submit the proposals for individual papers, thematic panels, roundtable discussions, and book presentations here until December 30th, 2022.
For more information, please visit our website: CBSE 2023 in Kaunas – AABS (aabs-balticstudies.org)