Warm greetings from Shibaura Institute of Technology in Japan!
Throughout its 91 years of history, Shibaura Institute of Technology (SIT) has proudly and consistently maintained ‘Nurturing engineers who learn from society and contribute to society’ as the philosophy in providing engineering education. Realizing the force of globalization that can no longer be separated from the global economy, SIT highlights the importance of up-to-date framework for ‘learning through practice’ experience by focusing on intensive English Language programs and Project Based Learning programs under a multicultural environment with many Hands-on subjects. With its well-known reputation, SIT currently has 265 laboratories and 200 partner universities.
Shibaura Institute of Technology offers Research Exchange Program and Laboratory Internship Program (March or April 2023 Entry). The Research Exchange Program gives participants opportunities to work on research under the supervision of a SIT professor and to work at a laboratory based on their research topic and the lab capacity of SIT professors. Participants can also pursue their research topics in a Japanese-style lab and culturally diverse vibrant academic/research environment
We are pleased to inform you that the application for the SIT Research Exchange Program is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students. For more detailed information please refer to the links below.
Information about SIT professors and Laboratories
Guideline about CV, research plan, and motivation letter
- 3rd year or higher level undergraduate/graduate degree who has basic/good knowledge to conduct research work independently.
- Complete this program at SIT and return to home university before graduation from the home university.
- Have good English skills (CEFR B2 equivalent or higher)
- Be physically and mentally healthy. (Health checkup and health certificate is required before arrival)
- Comply with the Japanese export control legal framework.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record (issued in English)
- Research Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- All the document listed as required on the Online Application
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 25th, 2022 for internal review and nomination. Please, keep the hard file documents with you.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to SIT and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from SIT.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com).
- Application of outgoing mobility in AY 2021/2022 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.