Warm greetings from Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan!
Waseda University started life as Tokyo Senmon Gakko (Tokyo College) on October 21, 1882. In the early years, it was also commonly known as the Waseda Gakko (Waseda School) or Totsuka Gakko (Totsuka School), after the location of founder Shigenobu Okuma’s villa in the village of Waseda and the school’s location in Totsuka Village. Around 1892, the vernacular name Waseda Gakko became prevalent, and the institution was formally renamed Waseda Daigaku (Waseda University) upon acquiring university designation in 1902.
Until now, the University has stayed true to its founding ideals, educating seven prime ministers and countless other politicians, business leaders, journalists, diplomats, scholars, scientists, inventors, actors, writers, and artists. Waseda’s history and tradition are to tirelessly challenge convention, in favor of progression and innovation. By its 150th anniversary in 2032, the University has committed to expanding its leadership in Asia and around the world.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Waseda University Student Exchange Program for Spring and Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students. For more detailed information please refer to the links below.
- 2nd to 6th-semester undergraduate (S1) and graduate student (S2)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79, or IELTS 6.5.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record (issued in English)
- Study Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- All the documents listed as required on the application instruction page
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than November 5th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Waseda University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Waseda University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)
- Application of outgoing mobility for spring/even semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.