Warm greetings from Kansai University!
Kansai University was founded as Kansai Law School in November 1886, in the large commercial city of Osaka. Its founders consisted of a dozen people who were judicial officers and businesspersons. Kansai University has seen remarkable development over its many years. Kansai University has 13 faculties, 13 graduate schools, three professional graduate schools, as well as a preparatory course for international students. Over its long history, all those involved in building its institution have had to overcome various hardships to achieve such prestigious standing.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for Kansai University of International Studies (KUIS) exchange program for Spring 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students. For more detailed information please refer to the link below.
- 3th to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5
- Be proficient in Japanese. Students must have N2 at JLPT or higher level of Japanese ability
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript (issued in Japanese or English)
- Study Plan
- Certificate of Income of a sponsor
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Proof of Japanese proficiency (if any)
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Six Passport-sized photos (30mm x 40mm)
- A document that certifies that the applicant is a recipient of a
scholarship from his/her own country (if applicable)
- All documents listed as required on the Application Pack (download)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 3rd, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Kansai University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Kansai University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application of outgoing mobility for fall/odd semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.
If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour: