Indonesian International Student Mobility Awards (IISMA) is a Government of Indonesia scholarship scheme to fund Indonesian students on mobility programs to overseas universities. IISMA is designed to accommodate undergraduate students to spend one semester (approximately 16 weeks) at university to study, experience host country culture, and do practical assignments to hone their skills. This program is centrally managed by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Kemdikbudristek (Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology or MoECRT) funded by the Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan/Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP). Application of participation is open for undergraduate students from all Indonesian higher education institutions.
The objective of this program is to facilitate Indonesian students to gain knowledge and skills as well as to exchange ideas and culture, and to build networks with their peers, academics, and international community overseas.
This year Kemdikbudristek will send selected qualified students nominated by Indonesian Universities all around Indonesia.
More information please go to IISMA Website!
List of Host Universities and Courses offered here.
- Enrolled as an active/registered Indonesian student of UGM during application and during the program.
- WNI (Indonesian) and currently residing in Indonesia, and not having dual citizenship.
- 4th and 6th semester student at the time of the application.
- Maximum 23 years of age on July 1, 2022.
- Have never taken study leave (cuti) at UGM during your undergraduate program.
- Never participated in a physical international exposure mobility/exchange program
- Have an adequate English proficiency with a minimum score of: iBT ≧ 80, IELTS Score ≧6.0, or Duolingo ≧ 100
- Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00/4.00 proven by the latest academic transcript.
- Recommended by your Home Faculty (Dean/Vice Dean of Academic Affairs/other relevant authorities at Faculty).
- Must process credit recognition obtained from host university to home university upon completion of the program.
- Not currently receiving and/or in process of applying for other fundings/scholarships from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (MoECRT) RI that prohibit you from receiving IISMA Scholarship during the program. Notes for Bidikmisi and KIP students, you must provide letter of statement willing to discontinue the Bidikmisi and KIP scholarship during IISMA program.
- Not currently participating in other Kampus Merdeka programs at the same time as IISMA 2022.
- Have not participated in more than one (1) Kampus Merdeka Program prior to the IISMA 2022.
- Have never violated the rules, norms, and/or laws applied in Indonesia.
- Willing to follow all the regulations which have been set by UGM and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (MoECRT) RI.
For the Odd Semester Academic Year 2022/2023, IISMA will fund Indonesian students to do their international academic mobility to overseas universities. The scholarship covers*:
- Economic Airfare.
- Health Insurance.
- Registration fee/Program fee/Tuition fee.
- Living allowance.
- Quarantine & PCR Test.
*Coverage will be adjusted accordingly by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek)
- Faculty Nomination Letter for IISMA 2022 (addressed to the Rector of UGM).
- Letter of Enrollment (UGM template)
- Letter of Recommendation and Statement_IISMA 2022_signed Faculty (must be signed and stamp with original materai) submitted by 5 April 2022
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation Letter.
- Official Academic Transcript (in English).
- English language proficiency certificate (iBT, IELTS, Duolingo).
- Learning Agreement IISMA 2022 (UGM template) (Please submit 2 Learning Agreements: 1st Choice and 2nd Choice of Host Universities)
- Letter of Statement from Student IISMA 2022 (UGM template)
- Letter of Statement for Bidik Misi, Beasiswa Unggulan, KIP Applicants (UGM template) (only for applicants who are receiving other scholarships from Kemdikbudristek)
- Colored Copy of Passport.
- Birth Certificate and Identity card (KTP).
- Open an application account at the IISMA Portal.
- Submit the aforementioned required documents combined in one PDF file to the Office of International Affairs at UGM by the deadline 1 April 2022 through the online submission link : ugm.id/IISMA2022.
- OIA will evaluate your application and upon selection review of your documents, OIA will then send you the official nomination letter along with the UGM signed declaration below to your registered email address:
- Declaration of Non-Enrollment in a Physical/Non-Online International Student Mobility/Exchange Program (template from IISMA).
- Declaration of Clearance from Narcotic, Psychotropic, or other addictive substance (template from IISMA).
- Declaration of Non-Involvement in Sexual Violence (template from IISMA).
- You will proceed the signing of the Declaration on your side to upload all the documents to the IISMA Portal.
- Nominated students will proceed with the online application which will be opened by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek) from 12 March – 12 April 2022.
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek) will then proceed with the selection of students.
- The FINAL decision of acceptance will be from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek).
- Template document for the Declaration will be signed by OIA UGM in advance. Please check IISMA website and register for your application account at the IISMA portal in advance to obtain this document.
- List of programs (participating university partners and courses offered) are announced through IISMA Website.
- The Official Nomination from home university will be provided for each student to upload in their online application at Kemdikbudristek along with the signed Declaration Letter. The sooner you submit your documents to OIA, the sooner we can process your nomination letter.
- As this scholarship is highly competitive, applicants are strongly suggested to strictly follow the basic requirements of the eligibility.
- Any changes and updated information throughout the opening of the application will be notified on this page. Final reference of information will be from the IISMA Website.
- Updated per 24/03/2022: Letter of Enrollment template, Letter of Statement for Bidikmisi and other scholarship recipient from Kemdikbudristek template.
- Updated per 27/03/2022: Declaration letter will be signed from UGM side in advance and then students proceed in the signing on their side with materai or e-materai value of Rp 10.000,00 for each documents.
- Updated per 31/03/2022: Letter of Recommendation and Statement signed by Vice Dean of Academics and Student Affairs at the Faculty level which must be completed by 5th of April 2022 directly to the Office of International Affairs. Please check Letter to Faculty – Update Info IISMA 31 March 2022.