Kyushu University and the University of Malaya will host the 12th ASEAN in Today’s World (AsTW) Program 2020.
AsTW is a two-week study program at the undergraduate level, designed to deepen understandings of ASEAN and East Asian affairs. Since 2009, Kyushu University has organized the program with our partner universities in ASEAN countries, in cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat and – the ASEAN University Network (AUN).
In 2020, AsTW will be held from 22 February to 5 March 2020 at the University of Malaya. Applicants from ASEAN countries and the rest of the world are welcome. The medium of instruction is English.
The program consists of two study areas which are the ASEAN Studies (AS) and the Asian Languages & Culture (ALC). This program also incorporates a series of study excursions that give unique experiential learning to participants to learn more about the multi-culturalism of Malaysia through cultural immersion activities.
Applicant must be a registered undergraduate (preferably) or a graduate student at home institution and fulfill the following criteria.
- Over 18 years old;
- Possess good academic standing (has the equivalent of a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 or a B or a 7.5 out of 10);
- Fluent in the English language for academic purposes;
- Will continue to study at home university after completing the AsTW program
- AsTW 2020 Application Form
- An essay – “Why I want to join AsTW?” (800-1000 words) here
- An official academic transcript of undergraduate study
- A university or college diploma copy (for graduates only)
- A letter of recommendation here
- An official document, which shows proof of enrolment, issued by the home university
- A Certificate of Health here
- Colored Copy of Passport (Identification page)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- A copy of an official English language test score (either TOEFL IBT-60 / CBT-173 / PBT-500 or IELTS (Academic) – Band 5.0 or PTE-41 or equivalent. Students without any official test score required to provide a verification letter from the home university as proof of the language proficiency) here
- JPY 159,200 (approximately USD 1,400 – 1,500)
- The Kyushu University also provides scholarships for the selected participants mainly from ASEAN countries
Please send all documents above in 2 Documents (Original and Copy) to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 softcopy *(Combined in 1 PDF Format) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. no later than October 14, 2019.