Greetings from the YSEP team at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech).
Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) offers YSEP (Young Scientist Exchange Program), which gives you the unique opportunity to experience the Research Project under direct guidance of an experienced professor as well as related subjects and Japanese language. From AY 2009-2010, we are conducting two YSEP programs named “YSEP Focused on Research” (YFR, 1-year program) and the “YSEP for Experiencing Japan” (YEJ, half-year program). The program is all conducted in English.
For more information please visit here
At the time of participation, the student must be enrolled at a Tokyo Tech partner
a) have completed at least two and a half years of study in a four-year bachelor’s degree program, or
b) have completed at least two years of a three-year bachelor’s degree program, or
c) be enrolled in a master’s degree program
Period of Study
One Academic Semester (=2 Quarters) at Tokyo Tech:
From September to February
The study period cannot be extended.
Compulsory Courses (6 credits), comprising
– Research Project (4 credits)
– Topics on Japan (1 credit)
– Study on Japanese Companies and Industries (1 credit)
Participants may also take other courses at Tokyo Tech for which they are qualified
(Undergraduate students, with permission, may take courses indicated in the List of Graduate Courses Available to Undergraduate-Level International Exchange Students, as well as courses from GSEP, our English language-taught bachelor’s degree program. Graduate students may enroll in any courses for which they are qualified. Many courses in our graduate program are provided in English), including Japanese language courses and courses taught in Japanese.
- Fill in the registration form here
- Letter of Reference (see download link above)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will inform you.
- The FINAL decision from the Tokyo Institute of Technology