“AUN-KU Winter Seminar on Human Security Development and Energy Science” is co-organised by the Graduate School of Energy Science (GSES) of Kyoto University and the ASEAN University Network-Kyoto University Student Mobility Program toward Human Security Development. It is designed for undergraduate students to study the concept of Human Security Development (HSD) and Energy Science. The main theme of this seminar is energy science, which is an important issue for HSD. The participating students are expected to deepen their knowledge on HSD and energy science with the prospect of finding solutions to technological, socio-economic and political issues, focusing on the Asian region. The seminar will offer lectures and class discussions as well as organized field trips and cultural events. Applicants are not limited to engineering, economics, or science – all fields are welcome.
Date & Venue
13-25 January 2020, Kyoto University, Japan
Criteria and eligibility
- Undergraduate students from AUN member universities
- Students in all fields are welcome
- The number to be admitted: 25 students (15 with JASSO scholarship eligibility and 10 with non-scholarship)
- Participation fee: JPY 10,000 This fee includes field studies, and other necessary expenses during the seminar. All participants should pay this fee in cash in JPY on the first day of the seminar.
- Participants are also required to organize and pay the following costs:
- A round-trip flight ticket
- Travel expenses between the airport (e.g. Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport (Itami)) and Kyoto.
- Fees related to visa applications
- Travel insurance
- Cost of meals
- Kyoto University will reserve a hotel for all participants. (Accommodation costs are covered by the program)
The 15 applicants as selected by the program committee will be eligible for a scholarship from JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization). The amount of this scholarship is JPY 80,000 per person (tentative).
Please download documents for further information about the application.
- Application Form (download above)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official academic transcript of the last degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Enrollment Letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency certificate (please refer to the intended host university language requirements)
- Fill in the form.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to the AUN-KU Committee for further selection.
- The FINAL decision from the AUN-KU Committee
Please send all documents above in 2 hard copies to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 softcopy *(Combined in 1 PDF Format) to email: email@example.com. no later than Thursday, 29 August 2019