[This program is self-funded]
JASSO Scholarship is available but not guaranteed. Since the application result for JASSO will only be available on/after their arrival, exchange students should be financed enough to apply for the exchange program.
The Application procedure for the Kyoto University exchange programs is as follows. Please download “University-wide Student Exchange Program Application Guidelines” and required forms from the below.
(1)Nomination by home university
Nominations must be submitted using the online nomination system by the exchange coordinator at the home university no later than Deadline. Applications will only be considered if the student(s) have been nominated. No direct nominations from students are allowed.
(2)Online Application information
We will send a link to our online application site and its password to the student and the coordinator of home university on a rolling basis after we accept the nomination.
(3)Students complete the online application (Step 1 & Step 2)
Nominated student needs to complete 2 steps in online application, and upload the required documents.
Print out the online application pages after completion of the online Step 2. This form must be signed both by the coordinator and the student, and should be sent by post along with all the required documents to the following address to reach us by the Deadline. Only the documents sent through the office of home university are accepted.
Home Universities will be notified of the acceptance for the nominees and the students will be notified the online system of visa application and housing application by email.
*Please note that the student can make the course registration after s/he arrives at Kyoto University. We will inform the process of the registration at the orientation.
For more details, please check the attached “University-wide Student Exchange Program Application Guidelines”: AY_2020_Spring_semester
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5) if taking classes in English
- Japanese language proficiency (Min. Score JLPT N1)
- Letter of Provisional Acceptance (for GESR applicant only)
OIA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kyoto University as for host university selection.
- FINAL decision from Kyoto University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy to email@example.com no later than August 20, 2019.