The ASEAN S&T Fellowship offers unique and exciting career opportunities. Modeled after the successful AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science) Science and Technology Policy Fellowship® Program, it enables early and mid-career scientists who are citizens and residents of ASEAN Member States (AMS) to contribute their knowledge and analytical skills to their national governments. Fellows will be embedded within national-level ministries in to encourage policy makers to use more science-based approaches in their policy- and decision-making.
With the support of ASEAN, USAID and the U.S. Government, up to 16 Fellows will be chosen from across the region to be hosted by a government ministry in their home country to advance science-based decision-making in one of three priority areas:
- Climate Change
- Sustainable Energy, and
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
The criteria for eligible applicant are as following:
- Minimum master’s degree related to Science and Technology or one of the priority areas listed above
- Citizen of an ASEAN Member State
- Professional-level fluency in English
- Maximum 45 years of age
The fellow will receive a monthly stipend ($1,200) to support their professional development, mentorship, leadership and communication training, support for conference & participation in the 2018 ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology (COST) meeting in the Philippines, and access to a growing network of scientists across the region.
Get the application details here. Applications are due by April 20th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m Jakarta time. The fellowship duration is for 12 months and will begin on or about July 5th, 2018.
Check out this video to hear from previous fellows about their experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymdxx4tcBB0
For further information, please send inquiries to ASEANScienceFellows@aseanfoundation.org
Applications Due: Friday, 20 April 2018
Fellowship Start Date: around Thursday, 5 July 2018
- Submission requirements, can be downloaded here Application – ASEAN S&T Fellowship
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official academic transcript
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application through website.
- FINAL decision from The ASEAN Foundation.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than April 10, 2018.