[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Every year, we welcome short-term exchange students with diverse cultural backgrounds and understandings from our partner universities. Students may pick Saitama because they like Japan and wish to learn about the country. However, exchange students will discover that Saitama University is the worlds’ gateway to Japan, and Japan’s gateway to the world.
Living in Saitama
Saitama was once known as ‘Sakitama’ some say the origin of ‘Sakitama’ is ‘the Gateway to the Capital Tokyo’, some say it is ‘the Prologue to a life of happiness.’ Like the origin of our city, Saitama University will become the gateway to your dreams and wishes. We will be the stepping-stone towards your goal by developing your values and potentials. We will nurture a challenging spirit and strength for you to overcome hardships on the journey towards your dreams
>>> Fact Sheet STEPS
Website of the program: http://en.saitama-u.ac.jp/exchangeprograms/index/
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS :
• Completed application form >>> 2016-application-steps
• Official bank statements, scholarship award letters, or other financial documents
• Certificate of health (TB clearance)
• Statement of purpose (*on a separated printed page)
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Original Academic Transcript (in English)
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photographs (4 pcs, 3×4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• English language proficiency (Min. score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0) or Japanese language proficiency (Min. score of JLPT N2/N3 or CEFR A2/B1)
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• A nomination letter from faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs, UGM)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal selection.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application and make the applicant ranking.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue register to Saitama University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Saitama University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than November 10, 2016.