Call for expression of interest in
IFS-SEARCA Collaborative Research Grants 2016
Focusing on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
IFS and SEARCA announce a call for Collaborative Research Proposals from early-career scientists in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam, with a focus on research on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation (CCHAM) as it relates to agriculture and rural development. Interested young researchers from these countries are invited to express their interest to participate in the development of collaborative research proposals by filling out the expression of interest form here:
Those who express interest will be invited to join an online collaborative environment that is being used for this project. You do not need to know any collaborators before expressing interest. The purpose of the online environment is for researchers to find and get to know suitable collaborators, create research teams of three to five collaborators, and prepare proposals for submission to IFS. Further instructions will follow to those who register interest to participate.
The total value of a Collaborative Research Grant will be between USD 45-75,000. This breaks down to 80% for research and 20% for team coordination and collaboration activities. The actual value of a grant and the distribution of the grant money among the team members will be determined by need, the size of the team and the team’s budget.
1. You are a citizen of Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam and are carrying out your research in any of these countries
2. You have a Masters or PhD degree (or equivalent academic degree)
3. You are doing/will do research on some aspects of CCHAM
4. For first time grant applicants, men should be younger than 35; women should be younger than 40 years of age
5. For those who already had a grant from SEARCA and IFS, you may participate in this programme and apply for a Collaborative Research Grant provided SEARCA and IFS have accepted your report on the previous Grant, no later than the closing date for application submissions for this programme
6. You are attached to a university, national research institution or a research oriented and not-for-profit NGO
Expression of Interest form: http://ifs.se/crg-forms/crg-2016-expression-of-interest.html
Deadline for submission: 31st January, 2016
More details about IFS Collaborative Research Grants
For details of the SEARCA Umbrella Program on CCHAM, please follow this link: