This Summer Course Program is the Program that offers you as international students who interested in animal science and agriculture, and working with the farmers. We provide a truly international experience in fantastic program, with English language and activity programs that ensure the students return home after a summer they will never forget. As with friendly Indonesian students during the academic year, international students attending summer program will enjoy a huge variety of experiences inside and outside the classroom, all shared with other students.
For more information, visit here
- Indonesian Language and Culture : Our team of instructors will help you to learn Bahasa Indonesia and become familiar with the local blend of Indonesian multi-cultures in this short period of time, within a supportive framework.
- Exploring Javanese Culture : Our program offers a series of English based lectures and field trips that allow you to explore specific environmental and sociocultural aspects of Javanese, visit ancient culture environment such as Borobudur (the biggest Buddhism temple in the world, which was built in 9th century), making Batik (the traditional patterns), and traditional dance learning experience.
- Outdoor learning: Livestock and Agricultural Activities: Field trips give you a direct understanding of rural livestock and agricultural activities of Javanese, while other trips are organized outside of Yogyakarta for an in-depth exploration of our diverse nation.
- Class Room Lectures : Some theories and principles in animal science and agriculture are delivered by Professors who are experts in this field.
- International Buddy : Each program offers a number of well-trained UGM students who can provide support for any problem you may encounter during your summer program.
Date: 21 – 31 July 2019
- Concept of Sustainable Livestock/Agricultural Development
- Introduction to Food Security
- Impacts of climate change on food production from Animal
- Food systems and food chains
- Introduction to Animal Genetics
- Environmental Challenges: Scarcity and Conflict in the Natural Environment
- Food Security Case in Vietnam
- Post-production technology
- Egg and milk technology
- Research and Innovation in livestock and agriculture
- Introduction to Indonesian Culture and language
How to Apply
- Fill in the Application form
- The administration will verify your application and please submit the following documents through email email@example.com. with subject 4th Summer Course Program Application:
- Passport copy: colored, valid within 8 months since the program begin
- Profile Picture: colored, white background
- Letter of Recommendation from University/Faculty/Academic Supervisor