Greetings from Kobe University!
Kobe University will hold our ‘Summer Program in Japanese Language and Culture 2019’ as outlined below. We would like to invite you to participate in our program.
For more information, please click here
This course includes lectures on Japanese language and culture, as well as Japanese language classes to strengthen the 4 fundamentals skills of ‘speaking, listening, reading and writing.’ The Japanese language classes (a total of 36 hours equivalent to 1 credit) are aimed at upper Intermediate level students. We also plan extra-curricular activities.
Eligible Students: Undergraduate students who have attained at least N2 level of Japanese language
Brochure Program: Summer Program 2019 – Kobe University
Tuesday, July 9th ~ Friday, July 19th, 2019
*Check in date: Monday, July 8th/ Check out date: Saturday, July 20th.
Program Participation Fees: 30,000 JPY
- Program participation fee 30,000 JPY will cover part of the accommodation fees. Kobe
University will bear the rest of the accommodation fees, costs related to class tuition fees
and learning materials.
- Participants will be responsible for expenses related to travel to/from Japan, daily living
(food and travel) and purchase of overseas travel insurance (illness, injury and indemnity).
*A rough estimate for these daily living and travel costs is between 40,000-50,000 JPY.
*Participation fee must be paid in cash at Kobe University on the 3rd July
Accommodation: Participants will stay at a hotel in Kobe City which is arranged by Kobe University
- Application Form (with photo) (download here)
(*Please fill in the application form in Japanese, as much as you can.)
- Written oath (download here)
- Letter of recommendation from a Japanese language teacher or International office
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Motivation Letter
- Colored copy of passport
- Latest Transcript
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency Certificate (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kobe University as for host university selection.
4) Final decision would be from Kobe University
Please send all documents above in 2 HARDCOPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and a softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than May 20, 2019.