[This program is self funded]
Chonbuk National University (CBNU; 전북대학교; 全北大學校; Jeonbuk Daehakgyo) is located in the historical city of Jeonju, Republic of Korea. As the flagship national university for the Jeollabuk-do Province, it was founded in 1947 by the provincial fund within the framework of the Korean national university system, following the liberation of the country.
CBNU has grown to 17 colleges (including Faculty of Public Policy and Jimmy Carter School of International Studies) and 14 graduate schools (one general, nine specialized and four professional schools).
For approximately 32,000 students, and 2,400 full-time and part-time professors (as of October 2016), Chonbuk National University provides with high-quality educational, research and support facilities, cooperating with various institutions worldwide.
Please download and read the program guideline carefully here
PERIOD OF STUDY
6 months or 1 year
- Graduate: Applicants who are in graduate degrees MUST be nominated by a professor who is doing a collaborative research with CBNU professor
- Liberal arts · Major subjects
– It requires a certain level of proficiency in Korean or English(for English classes)
- Korean Classes for International Students
– Available only to undergraduate students
– Students will not be able to enroll in classes if the classes are full.
– Both undergraduates and graduate students can pay extra fees for taking additional Korean classes.
LIST OF COURSES TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
Download the courses list here
- Personal Statement(Korean or English)
- Study Plan(Korean or English)
- A Certificate of Enrollment from the current university you are attending(Korean or English)
- Official University Transcript(Korean or English)
- Certificate of Language Proficiency(Korean or English)
- A Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current University(Korean or English)
- A Copy of Applicant’s Passport
- X-Ray Tuberculosis(TB) Test Result*
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Official Academic Transcript
* The result must be issued after January 1, 2019.
*Please, send a digital copy of result to the coordinator via email by January 31, 2019 and bring the original when you come to Korea.
*If applicants do not submit the result by January 31,2019, the admission will be cancelled.
Any documents in a language other than Korean or English must be accompanied by a Korean or English translation.
KOREAN LANGUAGE COURSE
Please refer to the program guideline
A. Chambit Building
- Fee: Approximately 1,000,000 KRW per semester
- Meals: Provide three meals a day in dormitory cafeteria except all weekends. It is not allowed to cook at dormitory.
– Two persons in a room – Each room is furnished with a desk, a chair, an air conditioner, a bed, a wardrobe, and bathroom.
B. Dormitory fees must be transferred to a dormitory account at Chonbuk National University before you arrive at Korea.
– After you transfer the dormitory fee, the applicant’s English name will be written
on the receipt. Please, scan or copy the receipt and send it to the coordinator via email.
– Specific details about the payment dates and account information will be notified via email.
C. Dormitory fees include water and electricity.
D. Dormitory Information: http://likehome.chonbuk.ac.kr / +82-63-270-4723
Please refer to the program guideline
Insurance policy: Insurance Policy
- Submit the aforementioned documents (point 8* can be submitted after 1 January 2019) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you can continue to fill the online form here
- FINAL decision from Chonbuk National University