Greetings from Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
It is our great pleasure to inform you that Kyushu University in collaboration with University of Malaya will host the 11th ASEAN in Today’s World (AsTW) 2019.
This is a two-week international study program focusing on ASEAN and East Asian affairs. Since 2009, AsTW has been co-organized by Kyushu University and our partner universities in ASEAN countries with the strong support from the ASEAN Secretariat and ASEAN University Network (AUN).
AsTW 2019 will be held from 21 February to 06 March 2019 at the University of Malaya’s campus and widely opened for undergraduate students from not only ASEAN coutnries but also around the world. The medium of instruction is English.Kyushu University provides scholarship for the selected participants from ASEAN countries.
For the details about AsTW 2019 program, please visit our website:
Also the e-brochure is available from:
21 February – 6 March 2019
- Over 18 years old
- Minimum Cumulative GPA 3.0 of 4.0
- Fluent in English language for academic purposes
- Will continue study at home university after finishing the program
¥159,200 (Approximately USO 1400-USO 1500) includes
-Meals (breakfast & lunch -al days except during field trips)
UM Residential College (twin-sharing).
Please download all of the required forms at http://www.isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/astw/appl.html before filling the application with asterisk sign (*)
- Curriculum Vitae (for OIA UGM, do not include this document when submitting your application to Kyushu Univeristy/University of Malaya)
- Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs UGM) (for OIA UGM, do not include this document when submitting your application to Kyushu Univeristy/University of Malaya)
- AsTW 2019 Application Form*
- An essay: “Why I want to join AsTW?” (800-1000 words)*
- An official academic transcript of undergraduate study
- A university or college diploma copy (for graduates only)
- A letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor*
- A certificate of Health*
- English language proficiency certificate (TOEFL -IBT 80, PBT 530, or its equivalent). Students without any official test score required to provide verification from home university as proof of the language proficiency*.
1. Submit the aforementioned documents to (by email):
Mr.Adi Yusran Bin Mohamad Radzi
Short Term Program Coordinator
InternationalS tudents Centre( ISC）
Level1, Block G
Universiti of Malaya
50603 Kuala Lumpur
Tel :+ 603-79677712
Fax :+ 603-79677710
Before October 12, 2018 for Program selection.