[This program is self-funded]
CAU has offered an International Winter Program since 2014. Thanks to the continued success of our short term program, in 2017, we decided to continue the International Winter Program to expand the opportunity for students around the world to experience not only what it is like to study at Chung-Ang University, but also to share the rich and wonderful culture of modern and traditional Korea. CAU’s International Winter Program (IWP) is a hybrid program providing students with a window into Korea, where courses are coupled with cultural experiences that foster an understanding of Korea’s Culture and Society.
For further information, please go to: https://cauwinter.com/
“CAU Winter Video with Views”
Enjoy CAU’s stunning winter view in this promotional video!
“Touch the World!”
For this time, CAU’s winter program has its own theme – Touch the world.
I hope you enjoy the campaign videos made by our beloved international students at the OIA!
Program Brochure: CAU 2019 International Winter Program Brochure
- Schedule (Click here for more details)
|Application Period||October 15 to December 10|
|Payment Deadline||December 17|
|Dormitory Check-in||January 16 (Wed)|
|January 17 (Thurs)|
|Farewell Ceremony||January 31 (Thurs)|
|Dormitory Check-out||February 1 (Fri)|
- Academics (Click here for more details) _ 4 CAU Credits in total
|Korean Language (2 credits)||Korean Studies (2 credits)|
|10 Lectures, 3 hours per class||5 Special Lectures + Cultural Activities|
|l Elementary Korean
l Intermediate Korean
l Advanced Korea
|5 Special Lectures
l Korean Pop Culture
l Arts of Korea
l Korean Music
l Korean Economy
l Korean Folklore and Culture
With CKEP (CAU Korean Exploration Programs)
- Fees and Scholarship (Click here for more detail)
50% of tuition will be waived as a scholarship for students from CAU Partner Universities.
(16 Nights 17 Days)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 5.5)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application to Chung-Ang University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Chung-Ang University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 15, 2018