Greetings from EU-ASEAN!
The “Scholars Programme on EU-ASEAN Relations (SPEAR)” is a programme of a series of online discussions targeted at academicians in the ASEAN region, plus Timor Leste. The programme will provide an opportunity for academicians with demonstrated interest in ASEAN-related issues to increase their understanding of EU-ASEAN relations. The programme is designed to introduce participants to the ‘nuts and bolts’ of EU-ASEAN relations, serve to expose participants to EU-ASEAN cooperation and inform them of latest developments in EU-ASEAN affairs. SPEAR will consist of 8 sessions with different topics commencing between February and March 2024. The format of each session will be an online extensive class discussion via Zoom platform. Each session of the programme will be conducted in 2 hours. SPEAR is organised by the Delegation of the European Union (EU) to ASEAN.We are pleased to inform you that the application for SPEAR 2024 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Applicants must be full-time scholars whose research and teaching focuses on international relations, ASEAN studies, EU foreign policy or related fields.
- Applicants must hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must be citizens and reside in one of the 10 ASEAN countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) or Timor-Leste.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in EU-ASEAN related issues by providing a clear rationale how the SPEAR programme could support their long-term career goals and chosen career route.
- Applicants must be committed to attend all the programme sessions and to be active in all sessions conducted.
- Submit the required documents to their application platform no later than 5 January 2024 (12:00 UTC+7)
- The FINAL decision is fromm SPEAR.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Whatsapp: +62 812-1888-7818 (WA)
- Email: email@example.com
Virtual consultation: https://ugm.id/AppointmentOIAUGM