IISMA is a Government of Indonesia scholarship scheme to fund Indonesian students on mobility programs to overseas universities. IISMA is designed to accommodate undergraduate and vocational students to spend one semester (approximately 16 weeks) at university to study, experience host country culture, and do practical assignments to hone their skills. This program is centrally managed by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Kemdikbudristek (Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology or MoECRT) funded by the Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan/Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP). Application of participation is open for undergraduate and vocational students from all Indonesian higher education institutions.
The objective of this program is to facilitate Indonesian students to gain knowledge and skills as well as to exchange ideas and culture, and build networks with their peers, academics, and international community overseas.
On this opportunity, we would like to announce a warm invitation for you to participate in an exciting new scheme IISMA program that is recently launched, IISMA Co-Funding.
One of the distinguishing features of this program is the co-funding scheme. We respond to great students’ enthusiasm to join IISMA. Therefore, we create a new scheme for the program that offers collaboration between the donors and your sponsor in funding the program. Under this scheme, eligible students will receive financial support to cover a substantial portion of the program expenses, making it more accessible and affordable.
We believe in the power of cross-cultural experiences and their immense value to personal and academic growth. Through this program, we aim to allow students to broaden their horizons, gain international exposure, and build lasting connections with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
To be considered for this co-funding opportunity, we encourage you to submit your application starts today June, 10 2023. The selection process will be based on merit and the strength of your application. Please take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity and explore the world through this program.
To obtain further information and access the application materials, please visit IISMA Website
IISMA Co-Funding 2023 Coverage Scheme:
Covered by IISMA:
- Registration Fee to Host University
- Tuition Fee to Host University
- International Economy Airfare
- Emergency fund
Self-finance by Student:
- Visa fee
- Settlement Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Covid-19 Test and Quarantine
- Insurance fee
- Local transport fee
Detail Self-Funding Scheme for reference here
1. An active student registered at the Higher Education Database (Pangkalan Data Pendidikan Tinggi – PDDIKTI) or those who have not graduated;
2. An Indonesian citizen (WNI) currently residing in Indonesia and does not have dual citizenship;
3. Nominated by PTDN or PTPPV signed by the Head of Study Program;
4. Not participating in other Kampus Merdeka programs at the same time as the IISMA Co-funding program;
5. Not have participated in more than one (1) Kampus Merdeka Program prior to the IISMA Co-funding program;
6. Submit adequate English proficiency with minimum score:*
a. Undergraduate students from PTDN:
i. Achieve a minimum score of TOEFL iBT – 78, IELTS – 6.0, or Duolingo English Test – 100,
ii. If the English language proficiency requirement at the host university is higher than point i.a above or only accepts a certain type of English language proficiency test, then the language requirement set by the host university will be applied to the applicant,
b. Vocational students from PTPPV:
i. Achieve a minimum score of TOEFL iBT – 60, IELTS – 6.0, Duolingo English Test – 95, or TOEIC Listening and Reading Test – 605,
ii. If the English language proficiency requirement at the host university is higher than point i.b above or only accepts a certain type of English language proficiency test, then the language requirement set by the host university will be applied to the applicant, to IISMA’s official institutional code of respective English test*; (check here)
*Please check and refer to the English Proficiency minimum score of each host university
7. An undergraduate student who are currently in the 4th or 6th semester of recognized universities in Indonesia (Perguruan Tinggi Dalam Negeri – PTDN) under The Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology; or Diploma 3 students who are currently in the 4th semester and Diploma 4 students who are currently in the 4th or 6th semester of the recognized universities with vocational programs in Indonesia (Perguruan Tinggi Penyelenggara Pendidikan Vokasi – PTPPV) under The Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology;
8. Have a cumulative GPA of minimum 3.0 (out of 4.0) proven by latest academic transcript;
9. Never have violated the rules, norms, and/or laws applied in Indonesia;
10. Willing to follow the rules and regulations during participating in IISMA.
- Letter of Nomination and Enrollment from Faculty to Rector UGM
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter and Study Plan
- Official Academic Transcript (in English) in Semester 1-3 for Diploma 3 Program and Semester 1-5 for Diploma 4 Program or Undergraduate Program
- English Proficiency Test: IELTS/ TOEFL iBT/Duolingo English Test (or TOEIC for Vocational Student)
- Learning Agreement signed by Head of Department (template from UGM attached) *Please submit 3 Learning Agreements: 1st Choice, 2nd and 3rd Choice of Host Universities
- Statement letter signed and sealed (bermeterai) by applicant and parents (Undergraduate | Vocational)
- Statement letter signed and sealed (bermeterai) by the Head of Department and Head of International Office or other relevant position (Undergraduate | Vocational) *Please submit the document signed by the Head of Department and upon review of your application, we will proceed with the signing by the Head of International Office UGM.
- Statement of confirming participation in the MBKM flagship program by the MBKM management unit / Head of International Office of Home University (click here) (*for UGM please process the letter to your Vice Dean for Academic Affairs at your home Faculty)
- Financial Commitment by Parents* (Undergraduate | Vocational) OR Consent by Parents for Financial Commitment** (Undergraduate | Vocational) (*financed by parents/**financed by legal guardian)
- Colored Scanned Identity Page of Passport
- Colored Scanned Birth Certificate, Kartu Keluarga, and Identity card (KTP)
1. Scan of Letter of Statement and Recommendation from Host University (Surat Rekomendasi dan Pernyataan Perguruan Tinggi) signed and sealed (bermeterai) by Vice Rector (Undergraduate | Vocational) – this will be sent to your email upon completion of all applicants main documents processing and review.
2 Original scan of SKCK (Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian) issued by related authorities
3. Original scan of Letter Declaration Clearance from Narcotic (Surat Keterangan Bebas Narkoba) issued by related authorities
- Submit the aforementioned required Main documents combined in one PDF file to the Office of International Affairs by the deadline
15 June 202320 June 2023 (extended) through the online submission link: ugm.id/ApplyIISMA2023 and Additional documents by 22 June 2023 through email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: [IISMA Co-Funding 2023] Additional Documents_(name of student)
- OIA will evaluate your application and upon selection review of your documents, OIA will then send the signed Statement Letter to your registered email address .
- Nominated students will proceed with the online application through IISMA Application Portal, opened by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek) until 17 June 2023 for the Main documents and 22 June 2023 for the Additional documents.
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek) will proceed with the selection of students.
- The FINAL decision of acceptance will be from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek).
- List of programs (participating university partners and courses offered) are announced through IISMA Website.
- The signed Statement Letter from home university will be provided for each student to upload in their online application at IISMA Portal. The sooner you submit your COMPLETE documents to OIA, the sooner we can process your letter.
- As this scholarship is highly competitive, applicants are strongly suggested to strictly follow the basic requirements of the eligibility AND requirements of the host university.
- Any changes and updated information throughout the opening of the application will be notified to the webpage of OIA. Final reference of information will be from the IISMA Website.
- For further consultation, students are open to join Telegram Group IISMA UGM.