Greetings from the Hitachi Global Foundation!
The Hitachi Global Foundation originates to five foundations established with a strong will of former executives of Hitachi, Ltd., including the Society for the Promotion of Technology in Japan established in 1967 by Chikara Kurata who was the second President of Hitachi, Ltd., and the other four were founded by Kenichiro Komai, the third President, and Kamejiro Takeuchi, former Vice President. Cherishing the original philosophy, each of the five foundations contributed to society for over 40 years with programs in the fields of home upbringing, youth development, promotion of science and technology, awareness-raising of environmental conservation, and support for human development in Asia.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Hitachi Global Foundation Asia Innovation Award 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
More information includes Appendix, Application Guidelines, Application Process, Application Form, FAQ, Flyer
- Faculty Member, Researcher, Undergraduate students (S1), or Graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Having outstanding achievement in R&D in the field of Science and Technology, including publication of a research paper, conference presentation, patent acquisition, etc. and its social implementation plan
- Official Academic Transcript
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Academic Advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Passport Size Photo
- Application Form
- Attachments (up to three kinds of the evidence of the applicant’s R&D achievements, and recommended to submit at least one research paper)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than June 25th, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Hitachi Global Foundation and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Hitachi Global Foundation.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Whatsapp: +62 812-1888-7818 (WA)
- Email: email@example.com
Virtual consultation: https://ugm.id/AppointmentOIAUGM