Greetings from Nara Women’s University, Japan!
Established in 1908, Nara Women’s University is one of two national women’s universities in Japan, along with Ochanomizu University. Nara Women’s University (NWU) was originally created to foster women who can succeed in society through education and research. Therefore, NWU’sregular students are all female and most of the exchange students are female as well. As in 2013, NWU has three faculties that focus on humanities and sciences.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Nara Women’s University Man’Yo Summer Program 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Aiming to train internationally active pro-Japan female leaders, Nara Women’s University conducts a summer program for students of Asian and Western partner universities with which it has student-exchange agreements. This program is intended for students who can already speak Japanese (at level N3 or higher). It will deepen their understanding of Japan’s culture and society from a variety of perspectives and from the past until the present. This will be done through lectures and practical exercises that will give them a solid grasp of the history and traditional culture of both Nara and Japan, as well as through activities focused on issues seen across the country, such as depopulation and the aging of society.
- Language: Japanese
- Method: In-person (Offline)
- Period: July 16th to 22nd, 2023
- Fee: No tuition and accommodation fees
- Concept: Students will learn Japanese language and culture through many lectures, field trips and interaction with NWU students.
- Female undergraduate students (S1) or Graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in Japanese with the equivalent level of JLPT
- Official Academic Transcript
- Japanese Language Proficiency
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Academic Advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Passport Size Photo
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than April 15th, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Nara Women’s University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Nara Women’s University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Whatsapp: +62 812-1888-7818 (WA)
- Email: email@example.com
Virtual consultation: https://ugm.id/AppointmentOIAUGM