Greetings from Yeungnam University!
Since its foundation in 1947, Yeungnam University has enhanced a reputation as a prestigious university in South Korea, with about 218,000 graduates who have been playing important roles domestically and internationally. Yeungnam University has fostered talents that contribute to the nation’s development based on a foundational philosophy to “create a new history to revive our nation based on a patriotic spirit” for the past 69 years.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Yeungnam University Exchange Program Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
YU International Cooperation Website
YU Exchange Program Fact Sheet
- Undergraduate students (S1) or Graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English or Korean
- Official Academic Transcript
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Academic Advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Passport Size Photo
- YU Dormitory Stay: Exchange students were required to live in the dormitory until the first semester of 2023. However, students complained of inconvenience regarding several dormitory regulations, including the dormitory’s curfew which is 12:30 AM. Gyeongsan City has many different types of accommodation, so there will be no problem finding accommodation with Korean Buddy even before entering the country. Until now, there are no off-campus accommodations contracted by Yeungnam, so some administrative inconvenience may occur. For the safety of students and the smooth administrative process, We still recommend living in the dormitory.
- Insurance: Even if students have international student insurance in their home country, it is mandatory to sign up for Yeungnam University Insurance. Each semester, there are many accidents and illness among exchange students. Even this semester we had a case of an injury while roller skating, so she had to go to the emergency room at night and do surgery. Almost all of the process were handled and paid by insurance that day. Even after that various administrative services such as operating room reservations were provided in Korean, allowing students to undergo surgery safely and conveniently. Please note that YU insurances are mandatory.
- Major class: The number of major classes offered in English is limited. All classes are open to students who can speak Korean except for classes at medical schools, pharmacies. Students who do not speak Korean can take classes related to Korean history, culture, and language provided by the School of International Studies. And the maximum course credit per semester is 15.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than April 15th, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Yeungnam University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Yeungnam University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Whatsapp: +62 812-1888-7818 (WA)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual consultation: https://ugm.id/AppointmentOIAUGM