Greetings from Ateneo de Manila University!
Ateneo de Manila University is a private Jesuit university located in Quezon City, Philippines. It was founded in 1859 and is one of the oldest universities in the country. Ateneo is known for its strong academic programs in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, business, law, and education. The university is committed to the Jesuit tradition of forming men and women for others, and emphasizes the development of critical thinking, social responsibility, and leadership skills. Ateneo is also home to a vibrant student life, with numerous student organizations and sports teams that engage in various extracurricular activities.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Ateneo de Manila University – Philippine Studies Immersion Summer Program (PSIP) 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
PSIP is designed to introduce international and local students to the practice of Philippine studies and the Filipino lifeworld through each of the tracks to be taught during the summer months of June and July. Through this program, students will be given the opportunity to engage the university’s eminent Philippine Studies scholars in classes that will demonstrate the various possibilities of this area of study and the methodologies of its practitioners. These classes will also allow students to immerse themselves in a particular aspect of the Philippine lifeworld in order to provide an experiential ground for their reflections and insights. PSIP 2023 offers the following tracks (each track earns 3 unit, equivalent to 6 ECTS):
- Ateneo Social and Cultural Laboratory: This course provides the theory and content for the study of heritage, sociocultural issues, and qualitative tools used for doing local research
- Ateneo Development Field School: This program is designed to hone students’ skills in applied research, deepen their understanding of a development theme, and allow them to contribute to social development.
- The Philippine Start-Up Culture: This program is for students who aim to create their business ventures. It focuses on developing an idea into a business model and product or service prototype.
- Filipino Urbanities: In this program, students will focus on the discourse of urban spaces and how these individual and collective modern experiences are expressed through various linguistic and creative expressions across both traditional and contemporary platforms.
Further information: Fact Sheet
- Undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English
- Official Academic Transcript
- English Language Proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL PBT 550, TOEFL IBT 79, or IELTS 6.0)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Academic Advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Passport Size Photo
- Application Form (download)
- Student Information Sheet (download)
- Health Certificate in English Language
- Consent Form (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than March 28th, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Ateneo de Manila University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Ateneo de Manila University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org