Warm greetings from Tamkang University, Taiwan!
Founded in 1950 as the Tamkang Junior College of English by Mr. Chang Ching-sheng and his son Dr. Clement C. P. Chang, TKU was Taiwan’s first private college. It became the Tamkang College of Arts and Sciences in 1958, before being elevated to Tamkang University in 1980. From its humble beginnings as one of the first schools of higher education in Taiwan, TKU now has four campuses: the Tamsui Campus, the Taipei Campus, the Lanyang Campus, and the Cyber Campus; comprised of eight colleges, with a total of over 25,000 students, more than 2,000 faculty and staff members, and more than 260,000 alumni.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Tamkang University Exchange Program Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students for 18 weeks of study with minimum 2 credits for undergraduate students, and no limitation for graduate students.
- Undergraduate students (S1) or Graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate students and 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for graduate students
- Be proficient in English or Mandarin
- Official Academic Transcript
- Language Proficiency (Not required, but recommended: TOEFL iBT 61 or Equivalent English Test or HSK Level 3)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Recommendation from the Academic Advisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Passport Size Photo
- Study Plan
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than March 20th, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Tamkang University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Tamkang University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com