Greetings from Chonnam National University, South Korea!
Chonnam National University(CNU) was established in 1952 under the idea of ‘Save the Nation through Education’. The University is proud of its glorious achievement in fulfilling the mission irrespective of all the challenges for the past 65 years.‘Truth, Creativity, Service’ is the founding spirit of CNU, being the basis of fostering academics, educating talented students, and contributing to the prosperity of the nation as well as the local community. Also, guided by the light of ‘justice and conscience’, CNU assumes an unforgettable position in the development of democracy, helping Korea cherish the precious value of ‘democracy, human rights, and peace’. ‘Pride & Hope’ will be the words to symbolize our historic achievements, blossoming in the hearts of the family of CNU and the people of the local community.
We are pleased to inform that the application for Chonnam National University International Summer Session 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada Students.
The Chonnam National University International Summer Session 2023 (CNUISS 2023), a four-week in-person program that offers a unique opportunity to study and travel. The courses taught by professors of proven expertise and experience, cover the most leading-edge areas of knowledge at our university and our partner universities abroad. Students can take up to two (2) classes, earn six (6) credits, and travel across Korea with international students from 20 different countries and Chonnam National University students.
- Program Period: June 27 – July 21, 2023
- Class Hours: 45 hours (3 hours a day / 4 days a week / M, T, Th, F)
- Time: 10:00 – 13:00 or 16:00-19:00 (KST / GMT+9)
- Cultural Experiences:– Welcoming & Farewell Ceremony
– Mudeungsan National Park
– Gwangju Traditional Culture Center (Korean Traditional Clothing Trials)
– Yeosu, Marine Tourism and Recreational City
– Gwangju 518 Memorial Park
– Damyang Glamping
– Shinan Beach
- Official Language of the Program: English
- Class Setup: A mixture of Korean students and international students
- Fee: Total 1,950,000KRW / Exchange students: 950,000KRW (approximately USD750)
- Application Fee 150,000KRW is included and it is non-refundable.
Please check out thw program by watching the CNUISS 2022-2019 Video.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Study Plan
- Copy of proof of enrollment
- Official Academic Transcript record
- Color copy of the passport
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of self-introduction and study plan (download)
- Certificate of English proficiency test (ex. TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS)
- Certificate of TOPIK test (ex. TOPIK) (if any)
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than March 13, 2023 for nomination and OIA’s internal review.
- Keep a copy of the hard file with you.
- THE FINAL decision from Chonnam National University.