Greetings from the National University of Singapore!
The National University of Singapore (NUS) started out as a modest medical school with 23 students in 1905, founded by a determined group to serve the needs of the local community. Today, more than 100 years on, as Singapore’s flagship university, the University continues to be in service of country and society. The National University of Singapore aspires to be a vital community of academics, researchers, staff, students and alumni working together in a spirit of innovation and enterprise for a better world.
We are pleased to inform you that the TF – NUS LEaRN Programme is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
TF–NUS LEaRN inaugural summer run has attracted a record number of 60 students around Southeast Asia in 2022 and received great feedback. This year, we hope to be able to continue having your support in the participation of the TF–NUS LEaRN happening in July 2023.
With the aim to groom the leader in you, the TF – NUS LEaRN Programme nurtures the next generation of Asian leaders by providing opportunities for cultural exchange, networking, and leadership development. This 3 – weeks programme brings together 30 undergraduates from Southeast Asian countries this summer to Singapore to deepen your understanding about the complexities of leadership and envisioning future leadership in the region. You will be joined by 35 Singaporean undergraduates to uncover the complexities of leadership in the workforce and how it can prepare you for the future and success and wrapping up with the emerging field of Futures Thinking with a focus in the ideal leadership in ASEAN by the esteemed Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.
This programme, sponsored by TF and NUS, will be focused on:
i) Nurturing Mindfulness and understanding Complexities of Leadership in the workforce for our future and success
ii) Building networks and developing intercultural skills with other Southeast Asian friends.
iii) Futures Thinking with a focus on the ideal leadership in ASEAN by the esteemed Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
More information here!
1. Be fluent in English. Undergraduates from all majors and years are accepted.
2. Participants will need to be fully vaccinated. More details can be found here: https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore
3. Full commitment to the programme. Participants who do not successfully complete the programme will need to pay the full programme fees.
4. Students who can demonstrate leadership qualities or possess leadership experience are preferred.
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Official Academic Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrolment from faculty
- Colored copy of passport
- English language proficiency certificate (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than 1 March 2023 for internal review and nomination.
- OIA UGM will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA UGM will confirm your official nomination to National University of Singapore and you may proceed with further application procedures.
- The FINAL decision is from National University of Singapore.
Application Deadline for Nominated Students: March 19, 2023